I have the following vision for the simultaneous development of both :
- Self Development (researching, writing)
- Contributing back to the internet
Here were my criteria for choosing this setup:
- Have a reliable, neutrally hosted blog/wiki so that I can focus on generating content.
- Create a blog for temporal content, opinions, research which I'm not intending to develop further.
- Create a wiki for more permanent content which is likely to be iteratively improved upon over time.
- Cost Effectiveness. Both Blogger and Wikispaces have free basic functionality.
Bonuses of this setup: Wikispaces has a feature to import a blog entry to a wiki page which could be useful.